Monday, October 22, 2007

Do not judge a book by its cover

Surprisingly, the lady whom I studied together today turned out to be a nice lady who gave me a 3 hour review on the content to be tested in the upcoming mid term. Amazing. She has pretty much turned into my personal tutor for that class. Haha. I thought I was going to sit through the session studying my own notes since I haven't done much revision, but yet she offered to summarize the important points and possible questions that could be set in the upcoming mid term. She's such a hardworking person that she attends the GSI, graduate student instrutor, office hours and obtained many tips and hints from the GSI on the possible questions that could be set and she shared them all with me unselfishly. Woo. Well, it's a norm to consult the GSI and lecturer in Berkeley, but somehow I am lazy to go for office hours, mainly due to my lack of revision, but I can't find time to revise early in the first place. Haiz. Now, I know how to get recommendation letters for your resume. Go to office hours and chat up with your instructor or lecturer.

No comments: