Friday, August 10, 2007

Movie Reviews: Secret and Rush Hour 3

I watched 2 movies in the short span of 3 days, the first movie Secret on National Day eve, and the second movie, Rush Hour 3 this afternoon, both at The Cathay cineplex. Both movies are enjoyable though I think Secret has been highly over rated due to the lack of originality in its plot.

Though the movie Secret received rave reviews, the twist in the story is not original. For those who have watched the movie, Lakehouse, starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, you would understand my point. I shall not divulge the Secret so as not to kill the suspense for those who have yet to watch the movie. Overall, the lovey-dovey scenes in the movie were very sweet and makes you want to fall in love. It's a good show for boring guys to pick up a few tricks on how to "pao niu" too. Haha. The piano pieces played in the movie were splendid and mesmerizing, so piano lovers should listen out for those piano pieces played.

As for Rush Hour 3, it's one of the most hilarious movies I have watched. I can't recall the number of times I suffer stomach pain from the endless laughter I enjoyed throughout the movie. A definite delight for anybody who wants to have a good laugh to forget all your troubles and worries for a moment. I like the way the movie mocks at Asian and American stereotypes and culture and the mere humorous accent of Chris Tucker makes you laugh even before he cracks a joke. So people, go catch this movie before you get tied down with your busy schedule in the upcoming semester.

No comments: